Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Within the streets of outer Linz"

Tuesday the 18th of May 2010

Australia 6:33pm

Austria 12:33pm


Today is a new day, one I almost slept through awaking at 12.00pm. Today as promised we shall drive to the top of that great hill and visit that great church. The building outshines, noticeable from way down in the dock. In an hours time Great Uncle Eddy shall chauffeur us to the top. I am excited but so annoyed the battery on my camera is dying, the one on my phone too is diminishing. I think there's something wrong with it, a malfunction. My Tanty has told me it is quite chilly outside and I am not looking forward to the shock of the howling wind I can witness from my bedroom window. I am not built for the cold, no, definitely not.


A strong wind day.


Photobucket

Photobucket


So it's been an hour since I've awoken and I've already managed to have 2 meals. Some bread, butter and cheese for breakfast, and I've just finished a small portion of spaghetti with green salad. I am so much more than just satisfied. I am so incredibly full. I really want to get myself to some internet so I can post this blog and check up on my emails. My dear friend Gabbi, has sent me through her songs for the day, on my request to stay in touch with the good taste. I was able to check one from my phone, but the other will not open.



Australia 12:46am

Austria 6:46pm


Today was pleasant. We were met by Great Uncle Eddy and his lovely wife. We drove up that great hill to see that great church. I could not believe the weather, 9 degrees and rain! I certainly did freeze. We walked through a delightful stone alley way to a little castle, a castle with many little elves, dwarves and other mystical creatures within. They then brought me to the look out. To perceive the city from such an unclear vision was different. The city was almost in complete cloud cover. The weather was definitely not in my favour today. I then climbed the few stairs to the top where the church sat. It was magnificent, both in and out. The garden, the building itself, the paintings within, the golden idols, the wooden, carved church pews, the wrought iron sculptures which held the cherry red candles, everything. We then walked out to the rose garden, I would have loved to venture within, but it was in repair so no one was allowed inside. But it's ok, because I'll be back in the summer. So we walked into the translation which was so very charming, with the green hedges lining the track and lamps to light the way. We then needed some where to hide from the cold so we went into schlosse a restaurant where I ordered the "heis liebe", which loosely translated means "Hot love", A hot raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream, cream and wafer sicks. It was "Derish". While my Tanty finished her beer I watched out the window and let my mind wander, their words a hum in background almost nothing at all. It was then time to leave so I bid the great hill and the great church farewell. I was then invited back to their house where we ate some more and I just sat by the window dreaming. One bad thing about this place, everyone continues to feed me even when I've asked for none. Eat and sleep. My Tanty and myself then made our way home, and here I sit writing to you.


The hidden castle

Photobucket

The castle within

Photobucket

Photobucket

The view of the city Linz

Photobucket

The church above

Photobucket

Photobucket

The church within

Photobucket

Photobucket

The restaurant within

Photobucket


I wish to visit my Uncle Arnold in the city centre. It would be lovely to stay there, with my 2 young cousins. One I have not seen yet. But Celene has not yet called and it's getting late. Maybe I will not get to see them till August. It just seems like such a long time. I do not wish to wait so long. But I guess I have no choice.


Australia 4:35am

Austria 10:35pm


I just realised, It's been a month since my 18th Birthday. Geez that was one crazy night.


I got a call from my Uncle A. tonight, saying that he will drop off the papers for my flight. I then have to read through them and decide on which one I would like to take. It's a bit annoying going, I feel as if I've just settled myself and now I must uproot, and be thrown back into the deep end, "Oh, wow, lovely."


Tomorrow I can see is going to be one unproductive day. I have nothing to do but eat, sleep and write. It's funny because that's exactly what my Tanty said, "Tomorrow all you'll be able to do is eat, sleep and write on your laptop." But I think I'm going to go for a walk and get myself lost within the streets of outer Linz.


Till the morrow. Adios.




No comments:

Post a Comment