Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Wet socks"

Saturday the 15th of May 2010

Australia 4:28pm

Austria 10:28am


So I finally made it into the wilderness. In the process however I got very wet socks.


It is beautiful.


I don't know what the day holds for me today. The cold morning, sitting in the rain is worth anything to come.


Now that I've sat still for a while all the forest creatures have come out to say their "Hello's".


As I sit motionless birds come forward to sing me their song. As I sit motionless the rabbits come out to show me their dance. As I sit motionless the flowers begin to bloom.


I could have stayed there forever if the rain hadn't bothered me, if the wet socks hadn't bothered me, if the failing sunlight hadn't bothered me.


My backyard

Photobucket

The trail, I did not follow

Photobucket

I walk aimlessly

Photobucket

Wet socks

Photobucket

My blog

Photobucket

A place of fairytales and my inspiration.

Photobucket

Now for the day to arrive.



Australia 8:11pm

Austria 2:11pm


"A few things to love"


  • How a lot of people have moustaches
  • Everyone wears socks and sandals
  • The evergreen rolling hills
  • The blue, blue sky
  • My Oma's cooking
  • The forever blooming flowers
  • The cobblestone streets
  • The delicious juices to drink
  • The forest just metres from my house, one to get lost in forever
  • The quaint little cottage next door
  • The smiling people
  • The church bell tower
  • The never matching table wear
  • The winding roads lined by tree after tree.
  • How my hallway echos the music I play
  • My balcony that looks down into the town and out onto the danube
  • The Harry Potter themed street lamps
  • The colourful phone booths
  • How everyone says "Hello"
  • How all the houses are so colourful
  • How it's impossible to be sad
  • How energy efficient everything is
  • How Austria recycles everything
  • That the light switches are all so big
  • How everyone drives fast
  • How some words in their language makes me giggle
  • That I have no sense of time here, everything just burs into 1
  • That the pubs open at 9am
  • How everything opens so early, the bank for example is open at 8am
  • How people stare when I speak English to my friends
  • That this time round I have not seen so many emos
  • How my Oma and Opa have my home in Australia on speed dial
  • How my mind wanders so much more here, my imagination flows so wild
  • My own sauna downstairs
  • That people put their televisions on to fall asleep to
  • I love that everywhere I look there is beauty, everything I see I find beauty within.

No comments:

Post a Comment