Monday, June 14, 2010

"Weekend by the Mediterranean sea."

I had been so pumped for the weekend, then finally it arrived. It was everything and more to me than I could have ever thought. I have entered the circle of trust. Everything about this place I fall in love with. Everyday I grow closer and closer to my new, borrowed home. Everyday I fall apart at the thought of leaving.


Saturday the 12th of June 2010
Australia 7:29am
Austria 1:29am
Spain 1:29am

Today was spent minding the children, almost nothing to do with the little one gone. But I still managed to ponder around the home and look busy. Cecilia had a dance recital which I attended, not that I could actually see anything due to the amount of crazed Spanish people all wanting to see their children in the church courtyard. Thankfully I found a friend, Hayley came to my hungered rescue and bought me not only a packet of patatas but we babbled about shit, and waited. She laughed at my kind of handsome and in turn I'd made fun of her beer goggles from the weekend before. We got more and more excited talking about the trip to Granada and Cadiz in the near future. We then parted and said our goodbyes, I was to be whisked away into the sunset, to the Mediterranean seaside.

The drive was excruciatingly bad. We left late hence the late arrival. I am sure I drifted off for a while, but I remember alot of yelling. The Spanish sure do express themselves alot louder.

Cold shower. So I was forced to have a cold shower in the name of hygiene.

Today I will be dropped off in the city to venture alone. This should be interesting. Malaga city centre here I come. But I must remember to save, save, save, for next weekend, for next weekend will be the BIG one.

Australia 10:06pm
Austria 4:06pm
Spain 4:06pm

I am sitting in the Great Fortress. I feel good about my day. I have managed to see the city sites thanks to the tour bus. I was stupid enough to climb to the top of the castle rather than bus it which meant I have done my years' worth of exercise. But now I must wait for the bus back down. I hope it is soon.

I've managed to do some shopping and bought the beloved white playsuit from "Oysho" and some Organic soap. A postcard and Ice cream.

Malaga is such a beautiful city.

It does, like many writer's said, "...Have land and sea." Seeing the beach here in Spain has finally made me think of home, Australia. Not until today have I truly missed the land of Australia.

Australia 12:00am
Austria 6:00pm
Spain 6:00pm

I have exhausted both my day, wallet and body.

I have walked more then just the city, and it's taken me more than half of my day wandering to build up the courage to ask for a bottle of Agua (water) how sad. But today was definitely worth all the loneliness. Just to see the city of Malaga, just to see some sexy, sexy, Spanish men, just to see the sunshine over the Mediterranean sea.

I am not too sure what to do with myself now. The sun's just decided to pop out and warm the world beneath. I do not know what time my Spanish dad will be phoning, when he'd said later I assumed 4/5pm, but he did mention a luncheon, and considering lunch is usually around 3.30pm later could mean anything.

Australia 12:30am
Austria 6:30pm
Spain 6:30pm

It was a snap decision. The sun inspired me to go to the beach of Malaga, Maguete. So now I am sitting at the closest bus stop watching a seedy young man stare at me. He makes me giggle with his Hawaiin shirt and pin striped pimp hat.

Australia 1:17am
Austria 7:17pm
Spain 7:17pm

I cannot believe I am having a drink alone. But I could not come all the way to Malaga and not have a taste of the sweet Malaga wine. Was quite delicious and the colour was a golden chocolate brown. It was a nice way to calm down after a day of practically walking. I sat at a small cafe, bar by the Beach and sipped my wine writing this to you. The inner kitchen however is quite disturbing to look at. Not what I would call hygienic at all. I do need to find some food in a while. There is not too much at home and I am feeling quite peckish.

I sit here alone, watching the waves crash and I think of home.

I managed to dirty my bright white pants, blue on the pockets, brown by the ankles and they're soaked up to the knee. I could not help, myself. I wanted, needed to immerse my feet in the sea. I now cannot wait for the morrow where I will go complete under.

The wine is now starting to bite.

The ladies behind the bar just giggled then asked me something of course I understood none. The sun's gone back behind a thick cover of cloud. I hope it bursts through the thick soon, before I blow away.

Australia 2:58am
Austria 7:58pm
Spain 7:58pm

Thank god I only had the 1 glass of wine, because I feel a tad tipsy as I sit here in good ol' Maccas eating my Mcnuggets.

Now this next bit is pure shit, I cannot even remember writing this...
"Do you know what I realise as I sit here?? These kid's in Palma are never going to know what a part/casual job is, and I have come to the conclusion that I probably am pissed because I cannot write straight." - Langing unedited.

Monday the 15th of June 2010

Australia 5:06am
Austria 11:06pm
Spain 11:06pm

It's taken me this long to write up the story of the weekend. I just collapsed when I arrived home this morning at 1am. Too tired to unpack to tired to move. But the day that followed the last was lovely. Sunday was a truly binding experience with the family, Eating chocolate covered churros for breakfast was delicious. Seeing the beautiful town of Nerja was amazing. Bike riding through Torrox was something I'd nether thought of doing.

So sunday morning I awoke to the sound of a light knock at my door. Ramon announced we were driving into town to find a cafe so they could buy me churros for breakfast. I was so excited. So I donned my maxi and was off. We found a quaint cafe in town with quite a number of people. We ordered the Spanish hot chocolate with many churros. I was only able to eat 2, for they were long and heavy, my stomach was too full to have another delicious bite. I could not even finish the chocolate it was all too much. We then drove past the apartment and into the next town, Nerja. The family had planned to spend a week of summer here, a week of summer activities for the kids. So they wanted to see the place and where the children would partake in the sports. The beach here was much nicer. "Europe's balcony" was beautiful, I could see along the coast and beyond. The view was beautiful, out over the Mediterranean sea. We then walked the small cobblestone streets to an English candy store that stocked Cadbury chocolates and English magazines, English flags and newspapers. So many souvenir stores were seen and the cutest little clothing store I ever seen. Everything was colour co-ordinted. Everything was cheap and colourful and perfectly set out to my liking. Of course I couldn't let this little treasure slide by, I was inside and shopping. I bought a chiffon head scarf and present for a friend. Nuria my Spanish mum was too funny, she had bundles of clothes in her arms, she was yelling at my Spanish dad as he was yelling at her, she wanted to shop and it was obvious he didn't. So he left, not knowing where he was going we continued on our little mission. After this we walked to a restaurant and had some traditional Spanish dishes. Fried, battered dog fish, Steamed sardines, Pi pi's, and prawns. The luncheon was then finished off with some pistachio gelato and a walk along the boulevard.

This late afternoon was spent by the pool. I met a lovely Japanese lady with a 15 year old daughter arriving on July. I hope to see her again and meet the daughter. It almost feels like this is a blind date haha. I really did enjoy my trip to Malaga. Even the event that followed...

As the children and Nuria bid their farewell Ramon announced we were going some where. I was a tad confused considering Nuria had taken the car to church. He told me we were to ride the bicycles into town, Torrox to ride along the beach boulevard. I was in shock, the last time I rode a bike was to complete a 80km bike/hike. No wonder I'd never picked up a bicycle again. But there was no saying no. So off I went to ride into a wall, car, lamp post anything in my bubble. I am glad to report however no damage was done, well apart from the cut on my toe, sore body and scratched knee. I actually enjoyed myself, The sun was just setting and there were alot of others on their bikes riding through. We stopped at the end for a beverage then continued on our way home.

Dinner, pasta.

The ride home was just as bad as the ride there. This time Spanish dad was driving. I had to close my eyes and drift into the subconscious. There was no way I was making it out alive I thought. He reached speeds of fucking 200km p/h I was in complete and utter shock to see the needle speed on up and over the designated speed limit of 120km p/h. So as the car thrummed and sat at that speed I drifted off into a happier place.

Wednesday the 16th of June 2010

Australia 7:13pm
Austria 1:13pm
Spain 1:13pm

I am sorry to keep neglecting you Mr. Blog.

I just always find things to clean in an already clean kitchen. Today I swept and mopped the floor of my living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom twice. I arranged and rearranged my bedroom furniture. I did 3 loads of washing and feel good.

I cannot believe it is already Wednesday, finally "hump" day which means it's all downhill till the weekend. Spent Monday being a lazy au pair. Spent Tuesday at a cafe then booking and discussing Granada and also being a lazy au pair. Wednesday has so far been spent cleaning, I think it's safe to say however "being a lazy au pair" is also on the agenda for the day.

I was ecstatic at some news just given to me yesterday. My sister and father will be arriving in Austria on the 26th of August. It actually brought tears to my eyes the thought of seeing someone so familiar. I cannot wait, but what makes me sad is that I will only see then for the 3 days, then at the wedding for I will have to leave to work on the 30th of August. This makes me upset an I hope maybe, just maybe I can find a way to spend a little more time with them.

So this is my life so far, pure joy and bliss is all I feel. I tell everyone and want everyone to know that this is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I know this journey of mine is changing, and I know that the change will make me a knowledgeable person. Someone interesting and worthwhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment